Oh my! Can you believe it? It’s going to be Christmas next week! Aaargggh… I feel sooo oooldd… hahaha.
Hello everyone! It’s been a while since my last blog entry and I am sometimes afraid of reverting to my old self again, in which, when I start something I just have difficulty following through. But what’s important is what I have to share to honor this season and that is BOOKS! and Book Hauls! and Wrap Ups!
My November 2015 Wrap Up:
The books in this wrap up I’ve already shared in my November 2015 Book Haul, I’ve read a total of 4 books, which is a total feat for me and I just deserve a pat on the back. I’ll just share some tidbits of what I think about each book.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas– so this book has been receiving a lot of rave reviews from YA enthusiasts and booktubers. I was curious so I picked up. And it didn’t disappoint. The main character is a piece of work , but that’s because she has been through hell and back to become who she is in the books. She is unapologetic, blunt and lethal, but at the same time she has this nobility and honesty in her that entices the other protagonists to believe in her. So I think I’ll be reading the sequels this December because I need to know what happens next.
- Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson– This book… This book is LIFE. Brandon Sanderson is such a detailed writer when it comes to formulating magic systems and battle sequences that it made me think if he pictures everything in his mind like a film. But really the stars of this book are the complex characters. Heck, even the supporting characters are also significant in this book. I think one of the goals that I have to achieve next year is just power through the next two books of Robert Jordan so that I can read the Ending trilogy written by Sanderson for the Wheel of time Books. Yep, must not sleep at all.
- Train Man by Hitori Nakano– I’ve already done a book review of this, but I still love it, just because I can relate to the character because he is socially awkward too.
- Si by Bob Ong– This book is such a short read. But it is beautiful. It is by far, the best work Bob Ong has put out there. I mean I loved most of his works but then he just plateaued as a writer because he experiment in different genres. This is such an interesting book because its told backwards. The ending is surreal and engaging and made me just emotional. So, yey for coming back mister Bob Ong! 😀
My December Book Haul 2015
It’s actually a Mid December Book Haul, because I’m still having urges to shop for new titles that I don’t have. It is getting annoying, this book collecting hobby of mine but I mean who can complain?? LOL. I’ve been behave, I just bought 5 books, incredible books to be precise:
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secret’s of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz– many booktubers have recommended this book, it’s a winner of different prestigious awards so that’s a plus.
- Fangirl and Carry on by Rainbow Rowell- I’ve read Eleanor and Park by the same author and I loved it, so I’m excited to know what these two books are all about.
- Bone Clocks by David Mitchell– written by the same author who made Cloud Atlas. I got curious because it was awarded the 2015 World Fantasy Award and was long listed for the Man Booker Prize in 2014. And the synopsis is quite intriguing too.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Illustrated Version by JK Rowling and Jim Kay- Just because, come on.. LOOK AT THIS BOOK..It is GORGEOUS. I’m planning to read this one on Christmas.
And so that’s it! I am still waiting for a few books that I ordered online. One, I think will be coming in this week, if the customs in my country doesn’t f*ck it up. And the other two books will be expected arrive this January, so I’m excited!! 😀
Have a Great Holiday!
P.S: Star wars Episode VII just came out. I loved it, everyone loved it. BB-8 is my spirit warrior. haha